Saturday, December 03, 2005

Getting to know you

I seem to keep getting these emails, so I figure if I answer the questions on here and you see it, you won’t send me the email... or at least I’ll just have a link I can send in response to your email questionnaire! (No worries, this blog is not going to become a hub for reprinting of forwards).

Welcome to the new edition of getting to know your friends. Okay here is what you are supposed to do, and try not to be lame and spoil the fun! Just copy (not forward) this entire e-mail and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you. Some of you may get this several times that means you have many friends.

1. What is your occupation?
I’m a teacher. A disciplinarian. Or a witch to some, I imagine
2. What color are your underwear?
The ones I’m wearing? Man, my dad reads this blog. I don’t think he really cares to know the answer to this.
But for those of you who do, they’re blue satin!
3. What are you listening to right now?
Shem teach in the next classroom, and the cars whiz by on the street.
4. What was the last thing you ate?
My student gave me some cookie thing, so I had that and a tangerine.
5. Do you wish on stars?
Again, see a few posts ago. There aren’t many stars to see here! But even if there were, it’s not really something I do.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Periwinkle.
7. How is the weather right now?
Below freezing, below 0 if you use Celsius (my cell phone has a converter!!)
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone?
Alan and Goat. They were at Hooters "having a beer."
10. How old are you today?
23 in America, 24 in Korea (they add a year the Jan 1st after you are born).
11. Favorite drink?
Alcoholic: Monaco or Amaretto Sour (and I could go for a good American beer about now!)
Non-alcoholic: Hmmm… Maybe some coffee flavored milk! Sounds gross, but it’s quite yummy really!
12. Favorite sport to watch?
Soccer. And I’d be remiss if I didn’t include LSU football.
13. Have you ever dyed your hair?
I let Adrianne dye it red when I was a frosh in college. Only lasted a few weeks, but it was cool.
14. Do you wear contacts of glasses?
Neither, unless you count my JLo sunglasses that I got here ;o)
15. Pets?
I have three plants now, including a poinsettia that I got today and am quite excited about (reminds me of Christmas!) Aside from that, nothing alive.
16. Favorite month?
I have no clue.
17. Toilet paper – under or over?
Does the person who writes these quizzes really wonder about this stuff? I prefer over—this and holding babies and without supporting their little floppy necks are actually pet peeves!
18. What was the last movie you watched?
In the theaters at home it was Dukes of Hazzard with Chris, my pal who is now in Hiroshima (it was our farewell to BR!). In Korea, I saw Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon (I don't really recommend it) On TV I saw National Treasure about 3 times the night I spent in Osaka.
19. Favorite day of the year?
Christmas Eve!
20. What do you do to vent anger?
Depends on why I’m angry. Sometimes I sleep, sometimes I write, sometimes I go jogging… I used to drive, but that’s not exactly an option here (unless I get that scooter!)
21. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Probably whatever my brother was playing with! I am quite fond of a doll I named “white baby” that my paternal grandmother gave me (No, I was not a racist child). She had no hair and wore a little white shorts outfit. I wonder what ever happened to her!
22. Fall or Spring?
Both.
23. Hugs of kisses?
Depends on who’s giving them!
24. Cherry or Blueberry?
I don’t like cherry anything. I don’t like much blueberry, but I’ll pick it over Cherry.
26. Living arrangements?
Apt 508 at Tres Belle-sky in Gangseo in Seoul! I live alone for the first time in my life, but a guy I work with lives a few floors above me.
27. When was the last time you cried?
Like had a good cry that made you hungry afterward? Probably when Jay and I broke up, because even though we dated only briefly, I’d had four appletinis and was wasted by 4pm, hungover by 10pm, and we split somewhere in between the two.
28. What is on the floor of your closet?
I don’t really have one, just a drawer with my undies (that you asked about earlier).
29. Who is the friend you have had the longest?
Katie! We have baby pictures together and are just a little over a month apart! Awww…
30. What did you do last night?
I taught until 10p, then I went home and ate, read, did some laundry, wrote some more postcards and my “to do” list for today, talked to one of my pals, and went to bed! Exciting, I know.
31. Favorite smell?
The starch I bought here! And yummy cologne and babies.
32. Favorite chips?
Mr Crisp, or some imitation of Pringles that’re just a bit thicker. Oh, and the fire hot Sun Chips!
33. What are you afraid of?
The dark (no joke), the turmoil President Bush is getting our country into, moving food.
34. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?
Who writes these questions?! Cheeseburgers.
35. Favorite car?
The little 2-door thing I saw in Japan! Or those little French cars—Renault or Citroen I think.
36. Favorite dog breed?
Maybe a mini Yorkie! They’re so cute, but I don’t like yappy dogs.
37. Number of keys on your key ring?
House, work, something I don’t know. That makes 3. I don’t carry it though, b/c we have digital locks so I just need to know the code, and the security guard always has his handy =)
38. How many years at your current job?
.25
39. Favorite day of the week?
Saturday (even though I work—it’s when Amy and I usually rendezvous) and/or Sunday.
40. Favorite TV show?
Please.
41. How many states have you lived in?
Il. Uno. Une. One.
42. How many cities have you lived in?
New Iberia (longest), Angers (a summer), Baton Rouge (5 years), Seoul.


Copyright 2005 Olivia R. Reed

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

White baby is in an unmarked box someplace in the warehouse, similar to an unmarked grave.
Love you!
Dad

Sat Dec 03, 10:36:00 PM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home