Friday, August 12, 2005

Gratitude & Flight info

Thanks to everyone who came to Chimes last night! I really appreciate the time you could've spent doing other things instead spent saying farewell. The gifts were all so very thoughtful (a journal, South Korea travel book, Kiss My Tiara- hah!, an LSU bracelet, travel clock and light, stationery, and a good ole Louisiana care package with lots of goodies I can make with rice!) and I'm saving the cards and smaller things for the flight. I'll probably start getting misty eyed and all the Koreans on the plane will laugh at the tall, white American girl with red eyes- can't wait. I'll post pictures whenever I get there (and find a computer that allows me to upload from my cam) and y'all can check them out then. Also, if you replied to my "I'm leaving the country" e-mail, I'm saving them all to give me something to do upon my arrival. I figure I'll be sick of looking at signs I can't read... And lastly, all the sweet notes and phone calls with encouragement-- I definitely would reconsider going if everyone were opposed (not necessarily skip it, but still...) Anyway! I'll post when I arrive so that you know I've landed safely and haven't been stolen by strangers. The following is my flight info since several of you have asked. Let me know if you have questions or requests! Until next time...

United Airlines 1233
Depart:
6:30am morning
New Orleans, LA New Orleans Louis Armstrong Int'l (MSY)
Arrive:
8:56am morning
San Francisco, CA San Francisco International (SFO)
Airbus Industrie A320 (320) 4hr 26min 1914 miles


Singapore Airlines Limited 15
Depart:
2:20pm afternoon
San Francisco, CA San Francisco International (SFO)
Arrive:
6:45pm evening
Seoul, Korea, Rep. of Seoul Incheon International (ICN)
Boeing 777-200 (772) 12hr 25min 5639 miles

Total duration: 22hr 15min Total miles: 7553 miles


Copyright 2005 Olivia R. Reed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home