Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Stuck in Osaka!!!

I am in Osaka until TOMORROW! Apparently the Korean Embassy began a new policy on August 8th of this year requiring those applying for a visa to wait one day to receive a work visa before returning to Korea. Luckily, at customs I ran into another guy I went through CDI training with and he's done this about 5 times, so he knows the ropes and a few words in Japanese (except that he just told our waitress "good morning" instead of "thanks" when she brought his drink). You can apply in the morning and afternoon for the visa, and you can only receive it the afternoon of the following day. No more quickie visas in just a few hours, no exceptions. The fee for an American E2 multiple entry is $54 (5400 Yen, 54000 Won). No way out either, since they take your passport. The Embassy is open 9-12, 130-430. I will find a hotel here (and a toothbrush I hope!) to spend the night. The first flight Asiana Airlines has after the earliest allowed visa pickup (130p) is 7pm. I expect to be back in Seoul and home by 10pm.

These computers are way different. Keyboards that is. It took about twice as long to complete this message as it usually would. Phew!


Copyright 2005 Olivia R. Reed

2 Comments:

Blogger Jacques said...

So I still haven't paid your dad for the pool skimmer. But rest assured, I will. The next time I make it to New Iberia, that is unless he has a paypal account.

Sun Sep 11, 03:19:00 PM GMT+9  
Blogger LSULiv said...

Mail it to:
4935 Hwy 90 E
Broussard, LA 70518

or e-mail him and ask if he has a PayPal account: watermkr@bellsouth.net

He's a cool dude, yo (c:

Mon Sep 12, 10:12:00 AM GMT+9  

Post a Comment

<< Home